An exclusive community for business leaders who WORK DIFFERENT.
Membership Agreement Updates
Last updated on March 8, 2014.
Whenever our Membership Agreement is modified we will notify you that changes have been made by updating the month, day, and year currently displayed on this membership agreement statement.
Member agrees on behalf of self (whether individual or company) and all of its’ employees, agents, guests, or invitees (hereinafter “Member” or “it”) by entering into a Membership agreement with The Hive @ Maya Bella LLC (hereinafter "The Hive") agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
Member will NOT:
- Maintain or store any inventory of goods upon the premises.
- Use the Premises for illegal purposes.
- Tamper with, borrow, or remove property kept in another Member’s area without their express permission.
- Cause or permit any hazardous substance to be used, stored, generated, released or disposed of on or in the Premises. “Hazardous” shall be determined in sole discretion of The Hive.
- Act in a manner that, in The Hive’s sole discretion, does or is likely to adversely affect the peaceful operation and enjoyment of the premises of The Hive, or the building, including without limitation creating any disturbance to occupants of The Hive premises or the greater building or their employees, licensees, guests or contractors.
- Allow non-members access to the building after hours without continuous accompaniment and for express business purposes, such as a meeting.
Member understands and agrees that:
- In order to end or downgrade a membership, notice must be provided by prior to the next billing cycle. Note that it takes 72 business hours to implement any changes.
- Six and 12 month membership contracts must be maintained at the level signed up for or above for the full term. “Complete” memberships are for a year and subject to the separate “Complete” agreement, which wholly incorporates this agreement into it.
- Members who hold a 6-month or 12 month contract may pause their membership for one month. Billing continues through the paused month, one month of unbilled membership is added at the end of their contract.
- This Membership with The Hive does not constitute a lease, but is rather an agreement between The Hive @ Maya Bella LLC and the Member for monthly use of a given space and common area. The Hive may terminate this membership at any time and for any reason, provided they refund any amounts the Member has already paid for future occupancy. There is no long-term agreement under this Membership unless specifically agreed elsewhere.
- The card and key(s) that the Member is being provided are exclusively for Member’s purposes and will not be shared with anyone else without The Hive’s express written permission. Member understands and agrees that a $50 payment will be required to cover each card and/or key given.
- Member is responsible for ensuring that all guests invited into the space comply with the policies outlined in this document.
- Member must maintain any private area and all common areas in a neat, clean and in a sanitary condition. The common areas may be restricted from general access from time to time for events or other activities. The Hive shall aim to limit this impact on access.
- Any signs, symbols, or pictures that Member wishes to place in the windows or doors of the premises, or upon any interior part of the building shall be subject to the approval of The Hive.
- Neither The Hive, Maya Bella LLC nor their respective agents shall be liable for, and Member agrees to defend and hold The Hive, Maya Bella LLC and their respective agents harmless from, any claim, action and/or judgment for damages to property or injury to persons suffered or alleged to be suffered on the Premises by any person, firm or corporation. Member shall indemnify, defend and hold The Hive, Maya Bella LLC harmless from and against all loss, cost and expense, including attorneys fees, arising from any act, omissions of negligence of Member or its officers, contractors, licensees, agents, servants, employees, guests, invitees or visitors in or about the Property. The foregoing provisions shall not be construed to make Member responsible for loss, damage, liability or expense resulting from injuries to third parties caused solely by the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of The Hive, Maya Bella LLC or their officers, contractors, licensees, agents, employees of other tenant of the Property. Member's indemnity obligations under this agreement shall by be limited by any limitation on the amount or type of damages, compensation or benefits payable to or for any third party under the Worker Compensation Acts, Disability Benefit Acts or other employee benefit acts. This paragraph has been specifically and mutually negotiated by the parties.
By signing up for a Hive Membership, Member is indicating consent to all of the above terms and conditions for the length of said Membership. The Member specifically consents that these conditions may be changed from time to time and hereby consents to the most recent version displayed on thehivehi.com website.